Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finally.....

Completed my chrysanthemum painting!


Title: Chrysanthemum 1
Medium: oil on canvas
Size: 61cm x 61cm (24" x 24")

As you may read from my previous posts, this one took a long time.
The hardest part was to choose the right color for the background.
I tested many colors and just before a week before sending my work to the gallery for my one person show, I got satisfied with the colors of whitish blue-gray and whitish peach-gray; I am sorry that it is difficult to reproduce the actual subtle colors  on PC. I hope that you will visit my show at Osaka starting on this Friday.

Show Announcement and Gallery Map

This painting is the first one from my new chrysanthemum pieces. (It is finished third, though...)
I started this series of painting with my feeling to Japan and its people, hoping to deeply explore who/what I am, since the flower of chrysanthemum is of representative of my country.
Three paintings from the series will be showcased in my show.

新しい菊シリーズの作品がようやく完成しました。
震災等、色々な出来事が起こる中で
日本を意識した作品を描きたいと思い取り組んでみました。
個展では菊の作品は3点展示予定です。


  

No comments:

Post a Comment