Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I bought it!

"The Rose of Versailles" is one of the most famous classic manga in Japan.
Japan Post Service has published commemorative stamp sheet featuring the manga.

As one of a big fan who was crazy about reading the comic when schoolgirl , I could not leave post office without buying a sheet.

top right: Oscar, down right: Marie Antoinette
Oscar,  who is actually a woman, was raised as a man by her father who expected a boy and succeeding his will, she had devoted herself to bodyguard Marie Antoinette, a queen of France.
But Oscar, witnessing misery of poor citizens, gradually cooperates and fights with them against the king and queen and arrogant aristocracy. Oscar, Antoinette, and their lovers are swallowed by the wave of French Revolution.....

This comic was created by Riyoko Ikeda in 1970's and made big boom in Japan. Many girls felt in love with Oscar and I was not a exception. After coming from school, I used to copy the portraits of every character and painted them with water color. Then I started to create my original manga stories. I regret that I lost all papers on which I draw them. Probably they were the first break which lead me to becoming to artist.

郵便局で「ベルばら」の記念切手を売っていたので、ついつい買ってしまいました。
子供の頃、熱狂的にむさぼり読んだ覚えがあります。
読むだけでは飽きたらず、オスカルやアントワネットの絵をマネして描いたりしました。
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment