Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Year End Cleaning

This is the time to start BIG CLEANING!
In Japan, people have a tradition of doing a big house cleaning at the end of each year. This tradition originates from a religious custom in which people cleaned their home altar and rooms to welcome the god of the New Year. Nowadays, whether you are religious person or not, we are supposed to clean up everywhere in/around/near your house, form a ventilation fan in the kitchen and the backside of computer machine to side ditches in the garden. So December issue of many housekeeping magazines features all new techniques about housecleaning. Cleaning with baking soda got hot in recent years. I remember that, when I was a child, my mother/grandmother yelled at me if I don't help them to clean up our house. After we cleaned up the whole house, we are ready to welcome a new year in peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment