Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year, New Born Babies

One of my first assignment in this year is signing up the new works.


These are my new born twins I created in the last minutes of last year.



From my studio window, I can see sky every day.
One thing particular about sky/clouds in Japan I realized is that it is often very neutral and subtle in color. It is almost never real blue sky like that of California which I dreamed of when I was a child. For better or worse, sky above my head never be like that. I assume that moderate and humid weather here affects many things in me; my pallet colors, my personal character, or way of thinking.

Sky was not my motif until recently. It was not just my interest.
But since I moved to the present studio with big window facing to south, I started to see the subtlety of colors of sky and realized that many natural factors  affects them. The color is changed by just a minor factor in a minutes. I appreciate that ephemeral life of colors.

Available on Etsy soon.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/pleiadesstudio

.

No comments:

Post a Comment