Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Auction 1 -Japan Quake Appeal

This is just a little help I can do as a Japanese artist for my country and people.
As I mentioned yesterday, here is my auction.


title: A Village Scene
medium: waterbased woodblock print on white Japanese paper
paper size: 31cm x 31cm (apprx. 12 1/4" x 12 1/4")
image size: 23 cm diameter (apprx. 9" diameter)
This is hand-pulled original woodblock print, not a digital print.
It is signed by the artist (me!) as artist proof and will be shipped in a mailing tube.
Frame is not included.

How this auction works:

1. Bidding will start at U.S.$20.

2. You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder. You must also leave a valid email address, you can write the address in the format of mymailname‘at’hotmail dot’com.

3. Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.

4. This auction is open to everyone. Shipping cost is FREE. I will send the item in a mailing tube and pay the international postage.

5. The auction begins NOW and will END at 17:00 Japan time on Saturday 26th March 2011 (which is 1:00 in California, 4:00 in NY, 8:00 in London, 18:00 in Sydney and 12:00 in Dubai, each on the same day).

6. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address). The winner will pay the winning amount directly into Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund at the Global Giving and send me proof of payment via email within 48 hours. If proof of payment is not made within 48 hours, then the item will go to the second highest bidder. Once proof of payment has been confirmed, I will send my item to you.

note:
-If you make a mistake or forget to add you email address please delete the first post and re-write it.

-You can make the donation either in dollar or pound, but if you do so in pound, it must be the equivalent value as the winning dollar bid.

Myself or any other of the auction/raffles raising money for this appeal are in no way affiliated with Global Giving, that's just our chosen method of getting funds safely to the affected area.

I am doing this auction not only for raising fund, but also for thanking to the people who will donate their money and for keeping people's attention to what happened in my country. 

I am auctioning two items and another one is here.

If this isn't to your taste, click here to check out the list of everyone elses auctions.
 (List of bloggers who will auction on their blogs are available after March 18.)

For more detailed information about this charity, you can read Jo's blog who is organizing this donation scheme.

Happy Bidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment